Jan 7, 2015

Faux roll with ponytail

Okay so today was SUPPOSED to be my chicken wing dip recipe, but I forgot to take pics! Ahhhh! So instead I'm posting a hair tutorial!

I don't really know what to call it other than "Faux Roll w/ ponytail" So if you can think of a more accurate name, please share in the comments!

Okay so HAIR WE GO!
(See what I did there? Ha!)

Step One
Section your bangs (or front area if you don't have bangs), and stick the rest of your hair in a ponytail to get it out of the way

Step Two
 Give an all over spray with Healthy Sexy Hair: Soy Touchable. This is a great working hair spray, and it smells fantastic, also it has a natural heat protectant. Take your front part into smaller section and curl them with your 1" barrel curler.

Step Three
 Continue to do that to all of your bangs (front part).

Step Four
 Go back and take those sections and tease them! Please excuse my face in the first pic- I hate teasing. Your hair should look like a big crazy mass of blahhh. Yes, teasing is vital, it's how you get volume.

Step Five
 Take your smoothing brush and hold your hand under your curled/teased hair, and smooth the frizzies over gently.

Step Six
 Get a bobby pin ready, and take your teased/curled/smoothed front part and roll it up like in the pic, secure it in place with bobby pins, I usually use 2 pins.

Step Seven
 Go back and make the ponytail pretty, and the hair flat (this pic is not a good example, but I was running late). I also like the take a wee bit out on both sides, because I have a big face, and they help to frame my face a little better.

Step Eight
Curl those side things if you choose to do them, and go through and curl sections of the pony tail. Don't mind my face in the one curling pic, I was talking to the husband when my timer snapped the pic haha

Step Nine
 I use this Redken sculpting stuff, take a small glob, and rub it between your hands to warm it up, then carefully run it over any little wispies you may have. Give a once over with Big Sexy Hair spray & stay- not pictured.

Step Ten
 Add a scarf or a bandanna, and you're golden! Enjoy, doll!

Sincerely
Miranda
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments or questions here! Thanks for reading and sharing!