Jan 2, 2015

Basic Pin Up Makeup Tutorial (W/ lots of pictures)

I feel like a spectacle when I do my make up, because when I do it in front of people, they watch me closely. I love makeup, but never took cosmetology classes or anything. Closest I've done was a Pin Up Hair & Make Up Class with Cherry Dollface.  (Which if you have the chance to attend, DO IT! I learned SO MUCH from it!

A lot of my make up tips do in fact come from her videos and class, and also from my own experiences. I'm no professional, so I'm just telling you how I do mine, not how to do yours. I will link all of the links that I can to the makeup names so you can get them.

So let's get started!

I get most of my makeup from Sephora. Yeah it's more expensive, but I've been doing this style make up for awhile, and the difference in quality between expensive brands and store brands is incredible.

1. Okay so first thing's first, you need to wash and moisturize your face! This gives you a clean slate to work with. I use the Botanical Effects set from Mary Kay.

2. I have bags under my eyes,so I need to use All About Eyes by Clinique. Yeah it's expensive but it's super worth it! This is actually a deluxe sample size, which I have a couple of because I order from Sephora a lot, so I've chosen this one with each order, so I haven't had to buy it yet!

3. See? Takes those baggies right away!

Okay so I should have started with primer, and then concealer,
but I need to buy more primer, and I forgot my concealer. Oops!


 1- I use Clinique Stay Matte foundation in Alabaster because I have sensitive, oily skin, and I'm so white I glow in the dark. This stuff is AWESOME. Great coverage, keeps oil at bay, and doesn't make you glow.

2- Then I use Kat Von D Lock-It powder. It stays matte, and it's heavy so it's got amazing coverage.

3- Make sure you cover that T-zone to keep oil away.

4- Get your eyes too so it sets the primer/foundation for your eyeshadow.

I just recently got this Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette.
You may think it's expensive, but for $36 you're getting 3 highlighters and 6 shadows that are great quality.
1- Okay first you use the highlighter called SILK TEDDY with your blush brush.

2- Just do a quick think sweep over your cheeks, this sets up for your pink blush next and gives it a perfect contour/shimmer.

3- Use your blush brush and pink blush (I forgot to take a pic, I think it's just a cover girl one for like $3.) Smile, and put the blush right on to the apples of your cheeks.


 1- Next you want to take the highlighter in that palette called HEAVEN on your eyeshadow brush, and go right under the arch in your brow. This brightens your eye, and gives your brow some shape.

2- Right in the inner corner of your eyelid. Make sure you get the spot next to your tear ducts.

3- Inner right corner under your eye.

4- Outer corner under your eye (this brightens your under eye).

 
1- Take your eyeshadow brush and use CASHMERE BUNNY over your eyelid.

2- Use your  blending brush to lightly blend the CASHMERE BUNNY upwards towards your brow.
1- Use your blending brush with SEXPRESSO eyeshadow from your palette.

2- Use on the OUTER HALF of your eyelid.

3- Get in your crease too. Careful not to fling color onto your nose. I do that shit all the damn time.

4- BLEND, BLEND, BLEND!

 1- Use Too Faced Bulletproof Brows. This is an awesome brow defining powder wax kind of thing. It is sweat and water resistant. I use Universal Brunette.

2- It comes with a double ended spooley/brow brush. Use the spooley to get your crazy brows nice and combed.

3- Dip your brow brush into the wax and draw the LINE on the bottom of your brows, this must be a clean defined line, it's vital for pin up brows.

4- Cover your brows with it, using the brow brush to control hairs, and shape your brow. This stuff locks down after 60 seconds.




 1- I LOVE this Kat Von D Autograph liquid eyeliner. It's precise, easy to use, and doesn't flake. This one is in Puro Amor color.

2- Start by making your wings. Making them come to a point is vital. Lots of ladies have problems mastering the wing, but Cherry Dollface has a great tutorial using tape HERE.

3- Line directly above your lashes. This will be covered so it's okay to be a little messy.

4- Draw your top line, this has to be precise and smooth.

5-  Fill in the space.


1- Just got this They're Real mascara by Benefit Cosmetics, and it's really good! Well worth the money!

2- Wiggle that bitch through your top lashes, don't web them too much though.

3- Don't forget your baby lashes.




1- These are just cheap ass falsies from Ebay. Literally. I think I spent $3 on them. Make sure you cut them to fit your eyes so they don't look dumb and super fake. I mean obviously they're fake... Damnit you know what I mean!

2- Use your eyelash glue to dab a dot on your outer eyelid corner, and about where the lash will stop. This sets an anchor for them and kind of a guide. Don't get glue on your real lashes or Oww. and you'll pull them out when you remove them.


3- Forgot to take a pic, but put glue on your falsies, then blow on it for about 15 seconds before applying. You want the glue to be tacky, not super wet, so it sticks. Apply with tweezers.

4- Press down with back of tweezers, and let dry (5) while you do your lipstick.

This is Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw. It's highly pigmented, it's matte, stays on all day, and it's kissable. Only complaint is that it's pretty drying.

1- Use your lip liner to draw your lip outline, don't worry, this is the wrong pic, my lips aren't that fucked up shaped haha

2- Use your lip liner to cover the whole lip. This gives the lipstick something extra to cling to.

3- Cover with lipstick, allow to dry if needed.

    Go back and lightly crimp your lashes with your lash curler. Don't do it too close to your lid or it'll stick to your lid and OWW.

    Don't do it too hard or it will fling your lashes right up.

    This basically sets your real lashes into your falsies, so they look a little more natural.


    Baby, YOU ARE DONE! Please excuse my hair, I always do my makeup before I do my hair.

    Have any questions? Want to share your own tips?
    Throw it in the comments!

    Take a selfie!

    Thanks for reading, and please subscribe and share!

    Miranda
    XoXo

    6 comments:

    1. I love this tutorial!!!! It's simply amazing!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great tutorial, I love this look!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!!! I've always been a fan of rockabilly/pin up style!

        Delete
    3. Love the look! Thanks for the help :)

      ReplyDelete

    Please add your comments or questions here! Thanks for reading and sharing!